Acne Skin Care Tips for Men
A lot of boys in their teens are embarrassed to discuss skin care issues, because they’d prefer to be looked at as rugged or masculine- they don’t want to be looked down at. Thankfully with a wealth of new mens health information, tackling your troubled skin is easier than ever.
So, How Young Men Should Take Care Of Their Skin:
The teenage years are a traumatic time for your skin. Hormonal changes, excess oil production, sweat, air and water pollution all contribute to breakouts. A lot of times these breakouts aren’t restricted to your face, but can even pop up on your shoulders, back and even your behind.
Here are some useful tips:
- A good all over cleanser, such as soap or body wash.
- Face wash for your skin type: dry/sensitive, normal, oily or combination.
- Toner to improve your skin tone and tighten pores.
- Facial moisturizer to leave your face feeling silky smooth.
- A rich shaving gel to help your razor glide over your skin.
- A razor with an aloe and/or vitamin strip to discourage painful razor burn.
- A proper cleansing facial specific for your skin type by a trained skin care professional specializing in teen skin care. If you find a med spa or skin care professional, do your research about this establishment before going in. If the majority of the feedback is positive- you may have found the right place. Also, do not hesitate to ask them over the phone how they perform their facials.
Finally, the proper order of taking care of your skin at home would be in the following order:
- Wash your hands. You should never touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Clean your skin with a cleanser. Make sure the cleanser is one that is right for your skin type.
- Wipe your face with a toner using cotton swabs.
- Exfoliate (this should be done only several times per week, so if not exfoliating, skip this step and move on to the next step).
- Apply a drying lotion/cream to acne or breakout spots only- if this is applicable to you. If not, move on to the next step.
- Apply a moisturizer.
These steps should be done before you go to bed each night. This is done in the privacy of your own home, so, please do not be embarrassed and start practicing good skin care habits early so that you can try to avoid adult acne which many men suffer from.